Monday, August 29, 2011

E-Mail #13

 E-Mail #13
August 29th, 2011
 
 
Hello everyone!!!
 
Did you know on Thursday the 1st marks me being away from home for a entire 3 months.....who knew it was possible?!!? I DIDN'T!!!! This week has not been as crazy awesome as last week, but it was still a good week. I had some really big struggles this week, and really had to find a way to work through them, I'm glad to say i came out a better and stronger person. Its amazing how quick mission life can change you, and sometimes it is SUPER hard to deal with, but i know its for the better and i know i have my Heavenly Father supporting and helping me. Last week i went on exchanges to Lawrence. That was fun, it was fun to work with another sister that i haven't met before and to spend time with her. It was nice to be in Lawrence on a car week, but this week when i go it is a walking week, so on Thursday say lots of prayers for me....lol. Actually this week i will be doing back to back exchanges, i will be exchanging in Manhattan tomorrow until wed, and then from wed to Thurs in Lawrence. So it will be crazy. I guess its just prep for upcoming transfers. I honestly cant think of much to write about today. I don't know why. I guess this week was not as eventful. But i did learn a lot this week. I learned the importance of being strong in weak moments and how i need to rely on the lord better. I find myself not letting the atonement work fully in my life because i feel bad putting all my pains and struggles on the lord, which i know sounds dumb, but its true. I've realized that there is no point in me carrying all the stuff i feel around with me every day when someone so amazing has already suffered for me, and is willing to remove that. Its still a struggle and I'm not good at it yet. But i am trying. Today we are having a district PDAY and me and sister dent are off to Manhattan to have fun with the elders and sisters down there. We are looking forward to it! It will be lots of fun! and on Sept 8th is transfers so I'm excited to see what changes are made and if there are indeed elders coming into junction city to join us. Sorry this is super lame and short, but know i love you all and hope you all are doing good. Thanks for all the continued prayers and love and support it MEANS THE WORLD TO ME!!!!!
 
Love you all,
 
Sister Barnum
 
 
(P.S. this is Brittney, her sister, and she e-mailed me this picture while we were talking this morning to show to my boys and I am not sure if she wanted it on here or not but it is a cute picture and I know that I LOVE getting to see pictures of her so I thought I would share. Enjoy!!)
 
 

1 comment:

  1. This is a cute picture of her! Thanks so much for posting pictures of her. It's so good to see her.

    ReplyDelete