Wednesday, September 7, 2011

E-Mail #14

E-Mail #14
Sept. 6th, 2011
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hello all my wonderful amazing supporters out there....well it has been one heck of a week, very busy.
This week we had back to back exchanges, which always makes things crazy. I was on exchanges with Sister Coplan who works in Manhattan, but she came to junction city with me, and i GOT TO DRIVE....for the first time in 3 months!! It was amazing!! We had a good exchange. I really enjoy Sister Coplan, she is awesome and has so much energy and is great. She has only been out one transfer, but we realized that we go home the same transfer which is really exciting, I'm excited to know someone i will go home with. After that exchange we went straight to Lawrence for that exchange. I spent all day Thursday in Lawrence....and we had NO VEHICLE...we walked in 104 degree weather, and I SURVIVED!!! i was super proud of myself, i didn't even get snappy or grumpy about the heat and being in it all day. So go me! I really enjoy being in Lawrence the people there are very nice, there were LOTS of the lords tender mercies. First thing in the morning we ran into a member who gave us a ride to our appointment, which made it so we were not late for the bus. Then later after service we had lunch and realized we didn't have time to walk to our appointment so we called a member who was near by and she came and gave us a ride. And then later when we were waiting for the bus ANOTHER member asked if we needed a ride. It was great!! I love knowing the lord is taking care of us, he is so aware of us and is making sure that we don't die in the heat, and that we can keep our heads up and work hard!
Last week i also passed off lesson 5, and i am now a LEVEL 5 TEACHER!!! WOOT WOOT!!! I know you probably have no idea what I'm talking about, but it is way exciting, that means i have memorized the main points and a scripture for each main point in preach my gospel for each lesson, and that means i get driving privileges!!! Which i am SUPER EXCITED ABOUT!!! Last Monday, and yesterday we had a district pday, which was WAY fun, i love our district. Attached is a picture of our district they are so fun. We went on a 'hike' to the top of Manhattan, its a really pretty view from up there! then we played some games and went and got a treat. Then yesterday we played basketball and hung out with the district and with some non-members who love to play basketball with us. I MANAGED NOT TO BREAK ANYTHING!!! How great is that?!
This week is transfers and I'm not sure whats going to happen. We get transfer calls tonight, so I'll find out whats going on. Yesterday my zone leader said he thinks that I'll be staying. So i believe him. Which i really hope is true because there is the Fernandez family that we are working with, that i LOVE with all of my heart, and when they found out transfers were happening they were not to happy about it. So i hope we can keep seeing them progress. Sister dent might and might not go....we will find out tonight. Heck i might even go, but i really doubt it. Which is good because i don't know if i have room in my suit case to move. So make sure if you send any mail this week it goes to the mission home
517 W Walnut
Independence MO
64050
Until next week when i can tell you if i stayed....or went somewhere new. Next transfer will be 7 weeks instead of six because of the fact that this transfer ended a week early. So that will be nice to have a little longer of a transfer. So on Sunday we got the relief society book that they are giving to every woman who is a member....and if you haven't got yours yet, or have got it but haven't read it....WOW IT IS GREAT!!! i have started to take a few minutes out of personal study each morning to read it and i LOVE IT!! its so fun, and you learn so much about the relief society in it. Its great. Well i think that's all i got for today. But i love you all and hope to get mail from you soon!!! :)
Love
Sister Barnum.
p.s....don't worry i still sleep walk and talk....its great....NOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment