Saturday, August 13, 2011

Email #10

E-mail #10
Aug. 8th, 2011

Again, I am sorry for posting this almost a full week late. Please forgive me.

Hello everyone!

Well the big news is....I'm still in Junction City with Sister Dent. I am way happy to still be in Junction City, I don't know if
I could have handled change very well AT ALL! So I know Heavenly Father is watching out for me. I am the first companion that Sister Dent has had for more than one transfer. I feel bad that she has to deal with emotional me for another 6 weeks, but I guess we will both grow and learn from it. I don't really have that much to tell this week. It has not been to busy, Sister Dent and I were struggling a lot this week because we just are not finding people who are willing to progress! It's very frustrating, because people are willing to hear what we have to say, but they just DON'T keep commitments, it makes me super sad because they are all such GREAT people, if only they would keep those commitments and feel their Heavenly Fathers love SO STRONG in their lives! So that's been a bummer. Sister Dent avoids tracting at all costs, which I understand why, its not the best way to find people, most people just hate us for knocking on their door. But because we were feeling so stuck, we went tracting out in a little town out of Junction City called Chapman. Well the first door we went too.....very cute old lady, super friendly....BUT when we told her what church we were from and that we wanted to share a message she was not so nice anymore. And she was SO EAGER to close her door on us, that she SQUISHED her dog in between her door and screen door, we could see it and heard it yelp....it was so sad....and yet kinda funny, but mostly sad. Then we went to another house, again, a very cute older lady...and AGAIN when we told her what church we were from she just walked away, like AS we were talking to her, and started closing the door, it was super awkward! So Sister Dent and I were not a fan of how things were going, so we went to a members home. They were way nice and made us dinner because we didn't have dinner signed up for that night. While she cooked, we went tracting some more in her neighborhood. THANKFULLY that time was much different. Every door we knocked on they were super nice. Some didn't want to hear from us, but they were nice anyways. We even met a guy who was very clear that he had different beliefs than us, and didn't want us to come back, nice but very clear with it.....and when we went to leave he offered us a glass of lemonade....i thought that was wayyy nice! So tracting started off pretty rough, but it ended on a good note. Other than that, not too much has gone on this week. The heat has FINALLY had a break in it, we have had some good storms roll in, and let loose, so the humidity has been crazy, but the heat is SO MUCH BETTER!!! Last night there was an INSANE storm, literally lightning lite up the sky not even 3 seconds apart from each other. The lightening here is crazy. Like lightening that I am used to will like strike once and go away, but the ones here are like crazy.....I swear they stay lite up in the same spot for...ever! lol. It's pretty intense. But its fun to watch from the comfort of our apartment, now walking out in that....NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!!! Speaking of, I realized the importance of a rain coat, and I need to go buy one....lol. We also have been working really hard on our Part Member families list. We have met some great people that I just KNOW are ready for the gospel in their lives! There is one particular sister who we met that I feel VERY strongly about helping her feel her Heavenly Father's love! I really enjoy being around her and can just feel His love for her when we are at her house. I want her to know that so much, and we started her off my committing to pray about starting the repentance process to get closer to Heavenly Father again, and hopefully going to the temple! like she said she wants too! Anyways. I'm keeping things kinda short today. But I am doing well. and love you all! PS you can keep writing me to

104 W 4th St #207
Junction City, KS
66441

I will be here another 6 weeks!


I think this week I'll end with a little testimony....

Well, as a missionary life is HARD!!! I can not tell you how crazy I was to think that it would be easy, and when I say easy, for some reason I thought as a missionary that I would be free from Satan, like doing the Lord's work and I am GOOD TO GO! But I have NEVER in my life had to fight Satan as much as I have as a missionary. Through all the struggles and the words of advice from others, and blessings, telling me to rely on the Lord, I would always think, I already am, how am I supposed to rely even more?! But I have found myself putting EVERYTHING in Him, my worries, my concerns, my being so tired I don't want to talk about the gospel right now, my I'm struggling with reading my scriptures, I am homesick....I just want to find people to teach...everything, I talk to Him about EVERYTHING and He helps me SO MUCH. I feel Him carry me SO MUCH and I am so thankful for that. I couldn't do this without Him. I know that. And I am thankful for this opportunity to learn so much about the gospel that I never knew. And to change peoples lives, show them happiness they have never felt!! I love knowing that my Heavenly Father KNOWS who I am, what a great and strong thing! I love this gospel with all of my heart, and I want everyone to know of it's beauty. I love you all!!

Love Sister Barnum.

No comments:

Post a Comment