Monday, July 16, 2012

E-Mail #57 Missionary Work...What else

E-Mail #57
July 16th, 2012
 
 
 
 
Hello everyone!!!
 
I hope you all are doing well! I hope my fam was able to move safely to Springville. I cant believe its official that we are all moved and i wont be home in hurricane anymore. But it will be good, i got charity, and Tiffany up there...and others too! built in friends in a new place....not a bad thing at all! :) Well i totally meant to email last week about my first day here. We went to eat out at the local Mexican restaurant....i call its el keepin it real....its really called el camino real....haha. Well as we are walking in, the headline on the newspaper stand is woman in wellington kills her father....yep....thats the area for you! CRAZY!! haha. We were laughing pretty hard when we saw that. Oh and then we were driving around, and we past the local...or one of the local baptist church and their marquee sign says.... 'you think it is hot now?'............haha, what the?!!? are they condemning us via marquee sign?! I prefer to use the scriptures for that kind of stuff, but we all have our own choices. lol.
 
Well this week has been good. We were able to meet some more with those that we are preparing for baptism. Eric, Rae and Tiffany. They are all so great. I am super excited for a birthday baptism! WAY LUCKY!! haha. We took Eric to the visitors center this last week. Oh man it was such a spiritual experience for him. He really is growing and learning it is true, despite different struggles he has, he is amazing. He has been listening to the book of Mormon on cd, and he wants to finish it before his baptism! So he has already gone through 3 cds, last i knew of, and he said he wanted to get through them faster and go through like 2 cds a day! He is way cool, and his family isn't really supportive, but he is just so strong! I know he will feel ready to get baptized when august 4th comes! We also were teaching Tiffany, this girl is HYSTERICAL!! She was talking about how she feels a part of the church already, but baptism....and she used an analogy, that baptism would be like making a relationship facebook official!! We were laughing so hard, so she said after her baptism she is going to put on facebook that she is in a relationship with Jesus! HAHAHA! This girl is super funny, we think it would be even more funny if her baptism program looked like the facebook format. all sorts of ideas! We also taught Rae again a couple times this week. Oh man i just LOVE HER!!! she is down right amazing. She has such a strong testimony already. She has been prepared for this day to accept the gospel for so long, and it is just the coolest thing to be a part of, and too see how she is just ready to dive in, to be a part of this. Every time we teach her the spirit is so strong, and i just love it!!
 
We are also teaching a guy names Bryan who is preparing for baptism the day before his birthday, he wants to start the last half of his life right. He has such a strong testimony also. He has been working on giving up coffee, so we had him get a blessing to help. Oh man, his blessing was so powerful, he really really is ready for the church, and HF has so much love and trust in him, and who he is, and who he will become. He was told he would have many leadership callings in the church, and that through his faith he can help others. It was just way cool. I am excited for that baptism as well!

We also had a mini missionary this weekend. A girl from a close by stake that wanted to come be with the missionaries for the weekend. So she came Friday morning and went home last night. She was super quiet, but way awesome. She is int he pictures. He name is Mary Ann. She was fun to have around. We will have another mini missionary the weekend of my birthday, so that will be fun also. Oh yea...my birthday....i don't need candy....or presents....maybe just a LETTER.....from EVERYONE!!!!

get it?
got it?
GOOD!!!

hee hee. Man oh man. I sure do love you all at home. I have enjoyed all the pictures of my families new home. It will be exciting to go home there. This last week, and since being here i feel like my relationship with my Father in Heaven has grown soooo much! When there are changes in our lives we either just go through it, or turn to our father for his help and guidance. I have turned to him for help. So much help. And every night as i pray i can feel his love and his awareness of me just take over! I love that feeling. I love talking with my Father. I have come to look forward to that end of the day prayer....for that time to bond with him, and talk about the day. To ask for help, and guidance. Man. I just am so thankful for the chance and opportunity and time we can take to pray. I am thankful for a loving Father who watches over me so carefully. Who cares for me, and protects me. Its been great. I hope that you all have a wonderful week! I sure do love you!

The pictures are of us with our mini missionary, and the little girls are 3 of the bishops family, which they have 10 kids!! yep..........10. These little girls are so adorable. Ones name is Mary, Sariah, Mirriam. They are just super adorable. I couldn't help but get pictures with them.

I love you all!!







Sister Barnum









No comments:

Post a Comment