Monday, July 16, 2012

E-Mail #56 Welcome to Odessa Missouri

E-Mail #56
July 9th, 2012
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hello all!
 
 
My new area is Odessa Missouri....yep....3rd area....and still in the middle of no-where. haha. Guess that's just how I'm meant to serve, in abandoned places. haha. My new companion is Sister Park. She is really great and we have a TON in common. She has her degree in social work, we like the same things...we get a long pretty well. So that's way nice.
 
 
Leaving Chilli last week was pretty sad, and tough. I hate having to leave those people that we have grown to love so much, just like leaving Junction City, you become so at home with everyone that you are around that it just stinks to leave. Although its kinda weird to think that this very possibly could be my last area. Considering the fact that i have been in area's for a minimum of 6 months, and i have less than that left. I doubt i stay here until the end, but you never know. So who knows what will happen. We had a fun Fourth of July. We had a BBQ with some members in Chilli for our last night. It was a blast to spend some time laughing and eating with them. Oh and last week we had our doughnut burgers!! and guess what...THEY ARE AMAZING!!! We are totally making those when i go home so everyone can witness how great they are! Its surprisingly great!
Honestly not much has happened the last week or so. I got transferred out here, and President Keyeys surprisingly didn't harass me about my luggage which was wayyy nice. OH but he did tell me that they will give me the title to the truck when i go home...haha. Because they closed chilli they had to decide where to send the truck, so what did they do....they sent it with me to chilli. President said if you can take a truck from one area it just becomes your truck, and claimed it as mine. haha. I APPROVE!!
 
So the sad part is that S. Park has been super sick, and the nurse told her to stay home as much as possible this weekend. So my first weekend in Odessa has consisted of being HOME! haha. Which is fine because transferring is the most exhausting thing, so i got to luckily take lots of naps myself. Even though we were told to rest we still went to a couple appointments and its been awesome! We have been lucky enough that just in this weekend to commit 2 people to baptism and both of them accepted! and BOTH were at church on Sunday!!
 
It was actually way cool. One of them we committed to be baptized yesterday. She has come to church for 2 Sundays now, and the first time she got taught was yesterday. She has been really good friends with a member down here, and has slowly been learning a lot about the church. She has been so spiritually prepared to receive the church. It reminds me a lot of Char, who just had so many things happen in her life to prepare her for the day to accept the church and go for it! She cried a couple times during the lesson, as we talked about Joseph Smith and Jesus Christ, and the spirit was so strong. We invited her to be baptized on July 28th and she accepted whole heartily!! I am so excited for her! She is such a strong person, and just excited to be a part of the church. So i am way excited to see her progress and help her continue to learn. I just got here, but the work here is awesome and i am way excited to give my part in the work. I don't really have much else to share, i know that sounds lame. But its true. Here is my new address.
 
319 S 4th St.
Odessa MO 64076
 
Keep that address close, my birthday is coming soon you know. ;) haha.
I love you all!!
Sister Barnum
 
 












 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment