Wednesday, October 26, 2011

EMail #17

 E-Mail #17
Sept. 26th, 2011





Well hello everyone!!!
 
 
This week has been a CRAZY but awesome week!!! We had zone conferences, we had lots of appointments, we had exchanges, and of course the AMAZING relief society broadcast!!!
 
 
First off, zone conference was GREAT!!! i loved loved loved it. We started this new system at zone conferences, which i didn't notice because it was only my second one....lol....but it was great, lots of moving around and doing things so you don't fall asleep sitting there listening to people, which could happen super easy, because as missionaries we GO GO GO....so when we sit....we fall ASLEEP!!! But we did this practice thing, where there were two rows of chairs facing each other, and you practiced commitments and teaching people, like super fast and short and then we would rotate like every 2 minutes. It was fun, you learned how other people do it, and how you can do it better, and how to apply it to your life as a missionary and when you are teaching others. I really enjoyed it, because elders out number sisters big time i got to meet some awesome elders who are AMAZING teachers!!! it was fun to see how they taught and testified and helped others learn! i really enjoyed it. I forgot my journal that had some great quotes in it from zone conference, so unfortunately i don't have any words of inspiration, so you'll just have to believe me when i say it was GREAT! This week we also had exchanges, i was on exchanges with Sister Lund still in Junction City though. It was a good exchange, its always fun to spend a day with another sister and see how they work, and the things they do as missionaries to learn from. I just started this email and i already cant remember what all i was going to say, i guess that just is what i get for not writing a list like i usually do of the weeks events to make sure i write about.
For those of you who went to the relief society broadcast, wasn't it AMAZING?!!!? i seriously love the church and the amazing leaders we have, they are so inspired and say the GREATEST things ever. President Utchdorf IS GREAT!!!! his talk is going to lead me to always have 'forget me not' flowers in my yard the rest of my life!!! He is such a talented speaker, always has been and always will be. I was so thankful that we had some of our investigators come to that broadcast, I'm SURE they felt the spirit and enjoyed it as much as me!! I cant wait for next week when they get to hear our prophet and apostles speak it will be AMAZING!! October is here, which means our goal of 4 baptisms is right around the corner. We have 2 with a baptismal date....one with a goal for baptism, and one praying about baptism. I am super excited to see where this goes and i know heavenly father will help these people get the answers they need and feel prepared to make those wonderful promises with him, and REAP the blessings from it!!!! I am so thankful to serve these people and to share the gospel with them. For them to find the happiness and peace it brings SO MANY people. What better thing can a person do for 18 months?! I was thinking this week how crazy, this week i will hit 4 months since being a missionary....4 months!!!! before i know it, it will be 6 months and i will only have a year left....which sometimes feels like i am going to die before that ever happens, and sometimes feels like it will be tomorrow. I cant believe September is over, where on earth did that month go?!!??
 
 
Whelp.....that is all i have got to say for now.
Those of you who are sweet enough to keep me in their prayers, throw a little shout out for me to get some sleep, this week was SUPER hard sleep wise.....and when a missionary doesn't sleep, it isn't pretty....but even more than that....when BROOKE doesn't sleep it IS NOT PRETTY!!!! :) lol.
 
 
I love you all!!!
 
 
Sister Barnum

No comments:

Post a Comment