Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Email #8


Email #8
7-25-11


Hello all!!

well for the record, i still hate bugs! just in case anyone was wondering. This week has been a busy and exhausting week. I do have proof of Heavenly Fathers love for me, and that he is aware of me....i have been in the field for almost 5 weeks and i have NOT had spaghetti yet!!! HOW AWESOME IS THAT!!!??? for those who don't know me, just know i HATE SPAGHETTI!!! so i feel very happy that i have not had it, and i have only told a few people that i hate spaghetti.....i leave it up to them to cook whatever. Anyways, just thought i would share that.




So this week i went on exchanges to Lawrence, they are part time car, and when i was there was the week they didn't have a car so we walked everywhere!!! i must say i have found respect for missionaries who do that every day. I was SOOO EXHAUSTED and not to mention i have NEVER had my body covered in sweat as much as i did that day! I WAS SOAKED and it was DISGUSTING!! But i survived, and i was sore for a couple days, but I'm good to go, i made it! The work here in junction has been good. Sister Dent and i are working hard, we are knockings lots of doors of part member families and so forth. We make a huge list everyday, and unfortunately we only find a couple home out of the big list. So that's kinda lame, but we are working hard. We have found some new investigators that we are happy about, we just pray that they can progress, i ask for your prayers in that too. We are able to find people who are interested pretty easy, but getting them to progress just has not happened at all since I've been here. So it can get frustrating at times, but we just keep praying and doing our best!! We did the other day meet this lady who no longer goes to the latter day saint church. Sister dent and i kinda giggled when she told us she tried to give the bishop a letter of resignation and he wouldn't accept it. I have never heard that before, but it was pretty funny! The heat has been pretty crazy out here. We had a couple people tell us that it hasn't been this hot since 1980--something.....so that always nice to hear as a missionary. I just become more and more thankful for having a car each day. I know we only have about a month before things start cooling down....hopefully?!?.....and so i know i can survive.






This email is shorter than usual, I'm not sure why. But i hope everyone is doing well.....all those reading this out here i would like your extra prayers on Thursday....my amazing aunt is having heart surgery, and prayers make everything better! so please say extra prayers.....thanks so much!!

Love you all!!!!

Sister Barnum.


The pictures: One of them is of me and sister Dent with the Hummbard family, they are such a funny family. Every time we eat there brother Hummbard yells at me, and it cracks me up. The first time he yelled at me for how i was eating my cantaloupe....and i cant remember what he yelled at me about the other day, but usually its about how I'm eating. He cracks me up!!!



The one is of my street here in junction!! i haven't had time to get one of Wilma way, and Hurricane lane.




And the one is of all of us sisters with sister Keyes at zone conference!

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say we are thinking of you Brooke and pray for all our missionaries. Love the Blog too.

    ReplyDelete