Friday, July 8, 2011

E-mail #5

Email #5




July 5th, 2011




Well hello everyone.

Today's email might be a tad bit short. But that's okay. There are a few things, i made a list that i want to tell you all about.

First off!!! JUNCTION CITY DOES NOT HAVE STOP SIGNS!!! okay, well they do, but LITERALLY there are some places that just DON'T have stop signs, like you have to look at the intersection and see if any of them have stop signs so you don't get hit. HOW CRAZY IS THAT?!!? is that even LEGAL!?? yea.....crazy.

second! FIREFLIES ARE THE COOLEST THING EVER!!!! I MEAN EVER!!!! southern Utah is pretty great, but it could SERIOUSLY use some fireflies. I am telling you, THEY ARE AWESOME!!!

Third! I must brag, because i know those out there wont believe me, but i have been able to eat every meal at the members home, COMPLETELY! Who knew a picky eater like me could pull it off, but i have!

that's basically it on my list. So onto the missionary stuff. Things have gotten better the last couple days. I got a blessing on Sunday evening and things have gone WAY up from there! I know that i can make it the next 18 months! So that has been good. We met a new investigator this week, and on Friday i did my FIRST EVER BAPTISM COMMITMENT!!! WAHOOOO!!! it was awesome!! Oh and when we committed him to baptism, that was before we even gave him the first lesson, we were just doing a church tour. But it was pretty awesome! definitely spirit inspired. I am getting to know the members better, so that has been nice, its good to know who I'm meeting and who I'm talking to.

Oh i wanted to clarify the mail situation. Not ALL packages have to be sent USPS priority, if your sending them straight to my address in junction city, i don't think priority or not matters. But if you are sending it to the mission office address, they need it to be priority so they can forward it to me wherever I'm at in the mission. And then as far as the address. Transfers will happen the first week in august, and i will know if I'm staying or going somewhere else then. So don't send mail past the last week in July to this address until you know if I'm staying or not.....i hope that makes sense. I also want to thank Hopie for the pictures, they are AMAZING!!! OH MAN AMAZING!! i cant wait to show some of the army wives we work with. The ones of the airport i just cried looking at, then hid them after, cause they make me sad. Brittney and mom thanks for the package.....mom thanks for putting a letter in yours....Brittney, i want you to know packages SUCK without a letter. :) Its okay, i forgive you, your my sister and you have 3 boys, you could have easily forgotten.

So this last week, we were trying to decide if we were going to visit a family or not. We prayed and felt inspired to go visit them, but were super nervous because this family has had a lot of drama going on lately. Well so then the time came to go visit them. We knocked they weren't home. We weren't sure what to do because we knew we needed to be there. So we got in our car, drove around the corner and prayed about it, both of us felt we needed to wait for them to come home. So instead of waiting outside their house, we parked up the street so we could see their house. creepy right. lol, but it was HF inspired. So we waited for them to come home, and THEY DID.....so we waited for them to get in their house, then drove up and knocked, we knocked 3 times and they didn't answer! It was the weirdest things. So we left, we both were very confused and wondering what all that was about. But both of us felt like we did whatever HF wanted us to do. It was so cool to follow those promptings, even if that meant we didn't even talk to them. We knew we were where our heavenly father wanted us at that time.

So there is this sister, sister Vega in the Spanish branch, she is possibly the funniest person ever, i love being around her!!! She is super spicy and way tiny and just funny! We were talking to her on Sunday and she was wondering when her dinner was with us, because it had been a while, and sister dent told her because she canceled on them last time, and this was sister Vega's response.....'that's messed up' HAHA....who says that about themselves. I was laughing SO HARD! I know reading this it probably doesn't sound that funny, but it was HYSTERICAL!! So now i will always think of sister Vega when i hear, that's messed up!

Anyways. I love you all and i hope things are going well at home!!!
don't forget my birthday is at the end of the month. I WOULD LOVE TO GET MAIL. :)

Love you lots!
Sister Barnum

No comments:

Post a Comment