Friday, August 5, 2011

E-mail #9

E-mail #9
8-1-11

Sorry this is late, folks :)









Well hello there family!!!

It has been a fabulous week. I am officially 23!!!!

oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY YESTERDAY BRITTNEY!!!!

well this week has most DEFINITELY had its ups and downs! As I'm starting to realize that it is just part of missionary life and i should get over it. But its still super hard to deal with! But after i sent my email to you guys last week we got a call from the assistants to the president, telling us that sister Keyes was going to spend Wednesday with us.....yep you read that right....THE MISSION PRESIDENTS WIFE was going to come to the field and work with us.....SO AWESOME!!!! Well Wednesday came and sister Keyes was not feeling well, but we still went to Manhattan to go to lunch with the mission president, his wife and our zone leaders...HOW COOL!!!!!! We ate at olive garden and it was super fun to be with them. Sister dent told me once that your not as much called to your mission area as you are called to the mission president. So i was thinking, well so was i called to president Vankomen or president Keyes. That lunch i realized its for the Keyes'. I feel SO AT HOME when i am with them. I just love it!!! I wish i could see them everyday, it would make the ups and downs so much better! I love being around sister Keyes, she just feels like a mom and i adore that! Makes things easier when i cant be around my own mom. We went to do service on my birthday, and i LOVE service, we do service at the local food pantry and the people there are HYSTERICAL!! they are so fun to be around. They knew it was my birthday so they all sang to me, and surprised me with a cake/bread. It was sooo yummy. I love being around them, it just made my birthday even more awesome. I also appreciate the birthday presents and packages. Lots of stuff that I'm not sure what to do with....but i love being remembered. also i LOVED THE CARD mom......it is so great to hear you guys, i listen to it EVERY DAY!!! Sister dent laughs at me about it, but i just love hearing you guys! Oh and i totally forgot to mention sister dent made me breakfast in bed!!! How sweet is she....she woke up two minutes early and made me a bowl and cereal and brought it to me in bed!!! HAHA!! AWESOME!! oh and she bought me lucky charms for a present, and made me a super cute decorated missionary planner for my next 6 weeks....and a PURPLE pen....and some stickers and stuff. She's super awesome!!

This week is transfers......AHHHHH!!!!! sister dent and i both feel like I'm going and she is staying. In fact we are basically set on that. Which makes me super nervous, where am i going? what am i going to be doing? will i be able to handle it? yea....kinda freaking out here. I've had lots of anxiety about it, but last night i was talking with our district leader and he made me feel better, gave me some awesome words of advice and i am feeling more at peace, than i have the last two-ish weeks.

So if anyone is sending from today until next week all mail must go to

517 West Walnut Independence MO 64050

So that way they can forward it to my new address (if i am transferred) and then next Monday i will hook you up with my new address. If you ever want to be safe rather than sorry just send it to the mission office, they will always forward it to wherever i am.

Well like i said this week has for sure had its ups and downs. I have not been my best, but I'm trying. An example of how this week has been. Last night we didn't have a dinner appointment, so i ate dinner then went to rest for about 10 minutes before we needed to study.....an hour later i woke up....i felt SO BAD!!!! i couldn't believe i had slept through all of my study time. SO LAME! I felt super guilty, but i realize I'm not the first missionary to fall asleep and miss a study time, so I'm not feeling to bad about it. I think HF knew i needed to rest.

I am doing my best to keep learning and growing and find peace when I'm struggling, which has been a lot this week, I'm not really sure why....i think multiple things played into it....Hopie's heart surgery, my birthday, not being focused, being exhausted.....its just been a rough week. But I'm doing better today. I feel that peace inside and i know heavenly father is aware of me, and is taking care of me. Our teaching has not been the best this week, we didn't get as much done as we hoped for, and both of us felt annoyance when we got turned away from people. All i can think is I'm out here trying to share something amazing, life changing, and pure happiness with you, and you don't want to hear it. And how sad are you going to be when you realized what you turned away?! but then i also think of the things that i do, that I'm sure heavenly father is like....well i wish you wouldn't do that.....so the door swings both ways. All i know is a mission gives me this want to be like amazingly perfect when i go home. I want to be the BEST visiting teacher....i want to be the BEST at fellowshipping people....i want to be someone the missionaries can rely on to call last minute if they need help....because that happens WAY TO OFTEN....I just know this has given my life a whole new light. Its crazy.

Anyways, that all I've got for now. Keep me in your prayers this week. Its going to be seriously nerve racking during transfers.....we get the DRAMATIC call tomorrow night telling us what will happen!! AHHHH!!!!

Oh and i must tell you about this morning's events. Me and sister dent, super excited for pday.....because we LOVE PDAY....go out to go do our usual routine...and our car doesn't' start!!!! HOW SAD!!!! we had to go through all this stuff....call people, get someone to come jump our car....blah blah blah....so now we are not a fan of today, because we haven't even gone shopping yet...and our pday is just going by way to fast. Neither of us feel well today so we were wanting to take naps...but there is just too much to get done! So that's super lame! But we got a call saying our car is fixed, so once we are done emailing we will be good to go!

Love you all LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment