Tuesday, May 1, 2012

E-Mail #44

E-Mail #44
April 10, 2012
 
 
 
 
Helllooo everyone!
 
 
I hope you all have had a good week! I know i have had a interesting week. It has been a week of RELAXING. Because my companion has been super super sick! :( Last Thursday she had really really bad allergies that turned into a cold. I think it was a cold all along, but who knows with all the things blooming out here. So we went out to two different appointments and then came back home because she was just so worn out. Poor girl. Nice thing was that i was not feeling to great either, so we both got to rest. Well Friday came along and she was so sick she didn't even get out of bed until like 8. Poor girl, and then she just looked like she wanted to die because she was so sick. So we stayed home all day friday. But it was another blessing in disguise. Because sister Larson needed to rest in order for us to start our shifts at the temple open house (monday) But it was fun for me while she rested. Because Momma Sperry was preparing for her family coming in for Easter dinner, she had me help her bake. Which i have missed doing sooooo much! i got to cook 3 different cakes! it was super fun! and then because they have a HUGE back yard. Which i before thought they owned 40 acres...i stand corrected....it is 80 acres. So they have lots of trees and stuff that need burning, and i've been wanting to set stuff on fire for the longest time. I know that sounds totally weird. But i've seen everyone burning in their yard all over the place lately, and i have wanted to do it SO BAD! So friday, i got my chance. The sperry's had 2 huge piles of sticks and trees and stuff and i got to set them on fire! the old school way too! With a box of matches.....and some news paper! and i did it, and it was a BLAST!!! I was thankful that the sperry's let me get out and play with fire. And best part, i didn't even get a tick. I saw one on my clothing, so i was super nervous. but i check it out, and there were not any!!! woohoo! can you imagine me.....with a tick?! ohhh no....not pretty! Saturday we went out but sister larson still wasn't a hundred precent. We had an appointment with our wonderful mayanna who is getting baptized this month. This girl continues to AMAZE me every time we teach her. She just knows so much about the gospel and soaks it all in! its just way fun to teach her and help her continue to grow. We also went to a birthday party with our tuesday night dinner family the hamiltons. It was lots of fun to spend time with thier family and enjoy some AMAZING food because sister hamilton KNOWS HOW TO COOK!!! and she is good at it! After that we went to go visit another person we have taught that we haven't seen in a while, as we were walking to the door sister larsonw as behind me and said oh, i think i'm going to pass out. I turned around as she was loosing her balance and grabbed her to keep her on her feet. I was seriously nervous after that happened and said we were going home. So we went home. We watched the joseph smith movie and then sister larson got some egg coloring stuff in a package so we colored eggs! it was lots of fun, and she didn't pass out at all through the night, so that was good. Then it was sunday and EASTER!!!!! We only had one family we are teaching come to church. But it was awesome because the husband came, and he hasn't come to church in a long time! so that was super exciting to see him there. And sister larson could barely stand up at the end of church so we went home so she could have a nap before our sunday easter dinner with the sperry family. I got to finish decorating the cakes that i made, and help set up for easter dinner. It was such a fun easter. 2 of the sperrys kids and family came to dinner and a family friend. So it was a big group of them. And in the sperrys back yard they have targets set out in the middle or no-where for them to shoot at when they are shooting. So after dinner we all went outside while they all shot. It was so fun. It reminded me of being with my family, except we dont get to do it in our back yard. They shot some hand guns, and assault riffle, and a sniper type gun. They were AWESOME. I wanted so bad to shoot one.....but they all knew the rules so they wouldn't let me. Which is good, they were holding me accountable, because i would have done it if they offered. hahaha. And then YESTERDAY HAPPENED.....we had our first shift at the temple open house!! WOOHOO!! Sister sperry took us down there and came along just to see if she could help out. We get to do 2 different things at the temple open house. First we get to be in the culteral hall where the refreshments are, and where the tour ends and talk to people, offer then comment cards, answer questions. So forth. It was super fun to get to talk to so many people and help them learn more. It was such a fun experience, i felt the spirit many times as i was talking to people. And the other part we get to do is the beginning. People get put into a room where they will watch the video before they go on the tour, and we go in and welcome them to the tour, and tell them a little bit about it and play the video for them. So both jobs are a lot of fun. I got to see 3 different families from Junction City, i was so happy to see them. I also got to meet a lady right off the bat that had a ton of questions about how we dress in temple, it was so fun to explain more to her. At the end there were 3 ladies from chillicothe who showed up that we were not expecting, that our member knows. They seemed to have such a good experience, we talked with them for a while and got to answer lots of their questions. I am excited to see what happens there. So overall its been a different but AWESOME week. I am way excited to continue to work at the temple and meet more people and answer more questions. Its just such an awesome experience that i will never regret!
 
 
I hope you all have such a great week. Thank so much for always supporting me in all i do as a missionary and for your letters of support and love that always come right when i need it! I know that this church is special. I know that its within the temple walls that we can become eternal families. I am so excited for the day that i get to be sealed for time and all eternity to that someone special. I am excited to be the first in my family to go straight to the temple for marriage. I am so thankful for this gospel and the fact that we can be together for eternity. My family is my life and my world.....and i am so thankful that i get them forever! I love you all so much!
 
 
Sister Barnum.
 
 
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment