Wednesday, February 1, 2012

E-Mail #26

E-Mail #26
December 5th, 2011
Hello all!!!
 
 
Its the big 6 month mark of my mission this last week and this week. On December first i hit 6 months of being a missionary, and this Thursday i hit 6 months of being in Junction City...WOOHOO!!! 1/3 through....and I've survived.....so far anyways! This week is the good ol transfer week. So who knows if I'll still be in junction, I've been here 6 months so now i might move, but i did ask president to keep me here one more transfer, so i hope he does! This next transfer is going to be amazing and i want to be here for all the goodness. The family i have been teaching for almost 5 months, husband is returning home from deployment and her and her boys will get baptized, i really want to be here for that. And our preach my gospel miracle story....she wants to get baptized on Christmas!! OH YEA!!! it will be a WHITE Christmas!!! I forgot to mention in my last email, we went to a members home and made Christmas countdowns. So i have a Christmas countdown next to my bed!!! i cant wait to talk to you family!!!!! It has been a good spiritual week. Lots of good appointments where the spirit was felt and touched the hearts of lots. I am so annoyed with Satan though. Because every time we have a really really good appointment, he is there to make sure they don't come to church, or don't do what we want them to do to help them come closer to Christ! its super annoying! Last p-day we went to Manhattan and went bowling it was lots of fun. The elders were trying to be all fancy....but they weren't getting any strikes...i got i cant remember 2 or 3 strikes...it was funny. I was like...you gotta stop being FANCY, and just BOWL! haha! it was lots of fun though. I really enjoyed the Christmas broadcast last night! for those of you that watched it...wasn't it GREAT?! and for those of you who didn't get to, you need to go online and watch it! It was so good. I really enjoyed all of the things they talked about. and i LOVED the video they showed and I'm sooo excited to see all the video's they have made!! they are so great, and such a great idea! and great for missionary work! I am excited for another transfer week and to see what happens, and have prayed a ton that i stay here. But we will see. So look forward to that update in one week!!! oh and i said i would update you on the mustang count after one week. so since the 26th of November to this morning i have seen 165!!!! and that doesn't mean i have driven by a car dealership everyday and count the same 10 that are in the lot....this is vehicles we see in drive ways and driving around! CRAZY!!! military people...have the same vehicles! haha.
 
 
Well i hope you all have a great week!

Sister Barnum

Remember to not send mail past today to my junction city address!














No comments:

Post a Comment